mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update for the 1.7.0 release
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2020 09:41:13 GMT
Thanks for driving the release!

I've noticed here [1] that we're referencing to downloads.apache.org. The
documentation on that site although states that we should not directly link
it. I've seen other projects do the following things:

1. Have a dynamic server-side script which automatically inserts a mirror:
https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
2. Link to a "load-balancer" script: https://camel.apache.org/download/

I think we should use option 2 as we did previously and make sure that
we're compliant there to reduce the load and costs for Apache Infra. Also,
we need to set the old releases to point to the archive server.

Best regards
Marco

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/19047/files#diff-2a772b7802788718160145af4b0944a4R38