mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Zha <szha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: assimilation of mshadow into the MXNet codebase
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2020 04:59:05 GMT
Thank you, Justin. Though I’m still uncertain about what the definition of IP clearance process
is, I found the following paragraphs that seem relevant. Sounds like we need three votes from
our mentors here for this acceptance. If that’s the case, I can start a vote on it.

Regards,
Sheng

> The Incubator PMC must approve the clearance. This indicates that the project is happy
to receive the code donated. When a new podling is created, this is done by the identification
of existing codebases in the proposal. Otherwise, the IPMC delegates this decision to the
PPMC.
> As usual, three binding votes are required. So, Mentors need to be involved in IP clearance
for podlings. If too few binding VOTEs are posted on list, the VOTE will need to be posted
to the general list for ratification.