mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Ciyong" <ciyong.c...@intel.com>
Subject RE: assimilation of mshadow into the MXNet codebase
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2020 06:14:26 GMT
Hi Justin,

We're doing 1.7.0 source release recently, and the vote on dev@ was passed, vote thread [1],
result thread[2].
Seems the discussion on mshadow donation is still not finalized, may I know if you have any
concern to proceed the current release under DISCLAIMER-WIP?

Thanks,
-Ciyong

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r525a961a10f69bdfb255c64f0be0589bb70efdd880c1be87c81c0c06%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rbd53614ca01f714d00097a02d906895211336a14ce0e083865cf5144%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Zha <szha.pvg@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:29 PM
To: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Cc: dev@mxnet.apache.org; Wall Michael <mjwall@apache.org>; Bob Paulin <bob@apache.org>;
weimer@apache.org; jasondai@apache.org
Subject: Re: assimilation of mshadow into the MXNet codebase

Hi,

No, I don’t think we used ICLAs for mshadow before.

Out of the 42 people who made more than 1 commit or more than 10 lines of code change to mshadow,
26 signed ICLA with Apache (and additionally one member is unfortunately deceased...). Would
this be a better criteria as “the major ones”? I wasn’t part of the initial code donation
or the initial PPMC group, so apologies if the questions were silly.

I think the rest of the commits are manageable so that I could do a revert and rework for
those commits if/when necessary.

Regards,
Sheng

> On Jul 22, 2020, at 11:50 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Thanks for clarifying. All contributors who made more than 10 commits to msahdow
before are committers of MXNet, so their ICLAs should already be on file: tqchen, bingxu,
eric.xie, sxjscience, mli, yajiedesign [1]. If you think this is OK, one of the mentors or
I can start the notification.

> What about the other 60 contributors? More than 10 commits is not a line I would feel
comfortable with. You need to be able to account for the IP provenance of every line of code,
just like in your initial code donation. It would probably be best to make a list all contributors
and if they have an ICLA or not. Did the mshadow project use ICLAs? If so that may also help.