mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jmcl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update on non-compliant releases on repository.apache.org and how to obtain a compliant build
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2020 23:36:09 GMT
Hi,

> On the question of building compliant CPU convenience binaries that can be
> distributed under the name MXNet, ASF now agrees that the previous stance of
> "libgfortran.so" is GPL and can't be distributed is incorrect based on the GCC
> Runtime Library Exception [4].

I would wait until that legal JIRA is closed before assuming this is the case. I think you
may of misinterpreted what Roman was saying. The currently policy is GPL with exceptions are
are not allowed, either in a release or as a dependancy. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x