mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marcoab...@apache.org>
Subject Ownership of discuss.mxnet.io
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2020 21:07:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

Due to a PR [1] I had a closer look at discuss.mxnet.io which is a forum to
discuss about MXNet. It's a very helpful platform and provides great
assistance for the community.

When I looked into the terms of services [2] though, I noticed that the ASF
and MXNet ppmc are mentioned as owners.

>From my understanding, that forum and the domain are not managed by the ASF
or the mxnet ppmc. Thus, that statement does not seem correct and is rather
a trademark infringement. My understanding is that the platform is operated
by a third party as a community service towards MXNet. Thus, I think it's
important to properly express who's responsible for that platform.

If somebody has any knowledge about the owner of that forum, I'd appreciate
if they could give them a heads up for this thread.

Best regards
Marco

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18553/files
[2]: https://discuss.mxnet.io/tos