mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecating and Forbidding Terraform and Other Services by HashiCorp in MXNet
Date Sun, 31 May 2020 09:58:08 GMT
The statement is specifically about HashiCorp Vault enterprise edition -
speak a single module of their enterprise suite which is about credential
encryption.

I didn't read further, but my first guess is that they are not offering it
in China since the Chinese government - as far as I can recall - is
restricting the usage of encryption methods to those, which they consider
weak and exploitable.

>From that point on, it becomes more a political question. I personally am
quite concerned about a government using their power to undermine security
of software.

Since this statement is only about vault enterprise edition and we're not
using vault at all, I'd leave it as is. Supporting such a horrible practice
by "boycotting" HashiCorp in general would send the wrong signals  from an
open source communities point of view.

-Marco