mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Goggins, Connor" <cggog...@amazon.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Versioned Dropdown for Python API Docs
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2020 18:02:51 GMT
Hi all, the new production MXNet website (with general API version dropdown) is now live: https://mxnet.apache.org/.
Users can now leverage the general version dropdown to switch between different versions of
the website corresponding to various MXNet API releases.

If you happen to find any bugs associated with the dropdown or the website content, please
create a GitHub issue in the repository<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet> with
the "Website" tag so the bug can be fixed.

All the best,
Connor

From: "Goggins, Connor" <cggoggin@amazon.com>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2020 at 12:41 PM
To: "dev@mxnet.apache.org" <dev@mxnet.apache.org>
Cc: "Krishnamurthy, Sandeep" <krsandee@amazon.com>, "Markham, Aaron" <markhama@amazon.com>
Subject: Re: Versioned Dropdown for Python API Docs

Hi all, quick status update on the Website 2.0 project: currently, v1.6 of the website is
not available (only the master is available). This presents a serious problem to our users,
as v1.6 is the current stable release. To solve this issue, we tried generating a static artifact
for v1.6 (in addition to static artifacts for the other versions), but ran into issues with
building Julia and R docs for v1.6. We traced these errors to the version of Python being
used for the v1.6 Jenkins pipeline (Python 2.7), and agreed that fixing the issue would require
converting the entire pipeline to use Python 3. Since this will take a significant amount
of time and we want to make the v1.6 website available to our users as soon as possible, we
agreed to document the issue here (https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/17910)
for future work, build the static artifact for v1.6 without the Julia & R docs as a stopgap
solution, and pull in the Julia & R docs from master (since the user impact of this will
be minimal).

Are there any concerns from the community in taking this approach? Would also love to get
thoughts from Julia and R contributors on this proposed path forward.