mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chen, Ciyong" <>
Subject RE: RE: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2020 12:23:17 GMT
Hi dev,

Please note that v1.7.x branch is rebased to the latest v1.x branch (4cf2ad39b) with Tao's
help, which includes several PRs merged into v1.x recently.
Please cherry-pick or reach me if you want more PRs in v1.7.x.
And the upcoming code freeze will be April 20th PST, please let me know if you need a time

Can I get some help from CI team to help creating the NightlyTests/NightlyTestForBinaries
task for v1.7.x branch? Thanks!


-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Ciyong <> 
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:11 AM
Subject: RE: RE: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release

Hi Sam,

Thanks for pointing out this, I will track this PR before doing the code rebase (April 17


-----Original Message-----
From: Skalicky, Sam <> 
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: RE: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release

Hi Ciyong,

I took a look at the 1.7 branch and noticed some PRs were missing for MXNet Extensions including
fixes and enhancements for custom ops (sparse, RNG, subgraph) and custom subgraph properties.
I created a PR to backport these PRs:
and updated the wiki page:
All PRs have already been merged on master branch, and I expect the backport PR to succeed
sometime today.

Thanks for organizing this release!

On Apr 10, 2020, at 7:54 PM, Chen, Ciyong <<>>

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open
attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Prezmek and all,

Sure, no problem. I saw there're some more PRs would like to be included in v1.7.0 release
and doing backport to v1.x branch recently.
So I propose to postpone the code rebase for a week (April 17th), assume most of the backport
PR will be available on v1.x branch at that time.

Feel free to add any other comments.


-----Original Message-----
From: Przemysław Trędak <<>>
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:17 AM
Subject: Re: RE: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release

I added GPU vectorization of elementwise ops to the 1.7 scope, but will need a small extension
- the PR should be ready to merge to master and cherry-picked to 1.7 early next week.


On 2020/04/09 08:27:58, "Chen, Ciyong" <<>>
Hi dev,

Just a remainder for you to do the backport of new features/enhancement/bug fixes from master
branch to v1.x branch, as we're going to do the code rebase (rebase v1.7.0 to latest v1.x)
on April 10th.
Or please let me know if you need a time extension.


-----Original Message-----
From: Tao Lv <<>>
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release

Hi dev,

Because we have master branch for 2.0 development and v1.x branch for 1.x development, please
make sure your new features, bug fixes and improvements are properly picked to v1.x branch
before the code rebase, if you want them to be included into v1.7 release.


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 4:08 AM Chaitanya Bapat <<>>

Hi Ciyong,
Awesome news!
Thanks for driving 1.7.0 release!
Looking forward to collaboration.


On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 02:51, Chen, Ciyong <<>>

Hi MXNet Community,

As the 1.6.0 release is done (many thanks to Przemek) for a while, it's time to prepare for
the next minor release of MXNet 1.7.0.

Thanks to Patric (pengzhao-intel@github) who had created the GitHub issue[1] to discuss and
collect the major features for 1.7.0. Please add any features/enhancements/bugfixes that you
want included there.

I (ciyongch@github) would like to be the release manager for the upcoming
1.7.0 release. It's my first time to drive a release for MXNet, really thanks to Tao(TaoLv@github)
who will guide me to go through the process and already helped to create the Release plan
and status page[2] on cwiki.
I will keep updating the issues and PRs mentioned in issues[1] to the cwiki page[2] to track
the release process.

We're proposing to do the release in May, and rebase the code of v1.7.x to latest v1.x on
April 10th PST, the code freeze date will be April 20th PST.
Please let me know whether this timeline is suitable to you or not, or want an extension.
So your timely response will be highly appreciated!

Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions.





*Chaitanya Prakash Bapat*
*+1 (973) 953-6299*

<>[image:] <>[image:]

View raw message