mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Ciyong" <ciyong.c...@intel.com>
Subject [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.7.0 release
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2020 09:51:37 GMT
 Hi MXNet Community,

As the 1.6.0 release is done (many thanks to Przemek) for a while, it's time to prepare for
the next minor release of MXNet 1.7.0.

Thanks to Patric (pengzhao-intel@github) who had created the GitHub issue[1] to discuss and
collect the major features for 1.7.0. Please add any features/enhancements/bugfixes that you
want included there.

I (ciyongch@github) would like to be the release manager for the upcoming 1.7.0 release. It's
my first time to drive a release for MXNet, really thanks to Tao(TaoLv@github) who will guide
me to go through the process and already helped to create the Release plan and status page[2]
on cwiki. I will keep updating the issues and PRs mentioned in issues[1] to the cwiki page[2]
to track the release process.

We're proposing to do the release in May, and rebase the code of v1.7.x to latest v1.x on
April 10th PST, the code freeze date will be April 20th PST. Please let me know whether this
timeline is suitable to you or not, or want an extension. So your timely response will be
highly appreciated!

Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions.

Thanks,

Ciyong

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/16864

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.7.0+Release+Plan+and+Status