mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for MXNet website improving
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2019 20:14:16 GMT
Hi Ciyong, thanks for the proposal.
I like your suggestions. Will you be submitting a PR?

Some feedback:

* Regarding changing the URLs, let's avoid that. We just had a lot of
work trying to fix broken links.
* As far as changing the headings, sure, Tutorials and FAQs makes sense.
* Adding performance as a nav item - my preference and going from UX
guidelines, is to keep the number of them down to less than five or
six.
    - What about making performance a Key Feature and highlighting
that on the main page? I'd switch it with Tools & Libraries since
Ecosystem is the next thing below.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:03 AM Chen, Ciyong <ciyong.chen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi MXNet community,
>
> While doing search for MXNet from the official website[https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/],
it's not that convenient to get the recent/latest performance data, besides there's some mismatch
between the link and description in the current websites.
> We can also add some new contents (like distributed training via Horovod, and AMP with
bfloat16 data type) descriptions in FAQ section.

> So I propose to improve the current website structure from below 3 areas
>
> 1.        Add a new Tab "Performance" in the header, and change "Doc&Tutorials" to
"Tutorials&FAQ" according to the current contents.