mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Ciyong" <ciyong.c...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for MXNet website improving
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2019 04:07:54 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
I'll prepare to contribute this change and PR soon, and update the contents as suggested.

Regarding making "Performance" a Key Feature to replace with "Tools & Libraries", anything
I need to take care when removing "Tools & Libraries" part?

Thanks!
-Ciyong

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Markham <aaron.s.markham@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:14 AM
To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for MXNet website improving

Hi Ciyong, thanks for the proposal.
I like your suggestions. Will you be submitting a PR?

Some feedback:

* Regarding changing the URLs, let's avoid that. We just had a lot of work trying to fix broken
links.
* As far as changing the headings, sure, Tutorials and FAQs makes sense.
* Adding performance as a nav item - my preference and going from UX guidelines, is to keep
the number of them down to less than five or six.
    - What about making performance a Key Feature and highlighting that on the main page?
I'd switch it with Tools & Libraries since Ecosystem is the next thing below.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:03 AM Chen, Ciyong <ciyong.chen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi MXNet community,
>
> While doing search for MXNet from the official website[https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/],
it's not that convenient to get the recent/latest performance data, besides there's some mismatch
between the link and description in the current websites.
> We can also add some new contents (like distributed training via Horovod, and AMP with
bfloat16 data type) descriptions in FAQ section.

> So I propose to improve the current website structure from below 3
> areas
>
> 1.        Add a new Tab "Performance" in the header, and change "Doc&Tutorials" to
"Tutorials&FAQ" according to the current contents.