mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Przemysław Trędak <ptre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MXNet 1.6.0 release
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2019 03:11:55 GMT
Dear MXNet Community,

This morning I updated the 1.6.x branch and so the code freeze is in effect. I would like
to thank everyone who helped in preparing and reviewing pull requests to meet this deadline.

Unfortunately, nightly tests do not currently pass (I created an issue about this: [1]). Another
issue [2] was raised to my attention as potential release blocker. Please help in fixing those
issues and also tag me on other issues that you believe must be fixed before release.

Thank you
Przemek

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/16704
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/16647

On 2019/10/25 14:24:49, Przemys��aw Tr��dak <ptrendx@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear MXNet Community
>
> Last night I updated 1.6.x branch to point to current master. The code freeze is now
in effect.

> That said, since most of the features intended for 1.6 release are still not fully finished
(a few PRs for BERT GPU performance, multiple MKLDNN PRs, multiple PRs tagged NumPy etc.)
we decided to go with a "soft" code freeze approach. Only the PRs that are in the scope of
1.6 release will now be accepted into 1.6.x branch. The hard code freeze is planned next week,
Oct 31st.

> While contributors of those in-scope PRs and their reviewers work to meet that deadline,
I would like to call for action for the rest of the MXNet Community to test, raise issues
and fix the bugs in the release.

> Thank you
> Przemek
>
> On 2019/10/11 00:00:34, Przemys��aw Tr��dak <ptrendx@apache.org> wrote:

> > Hi MXNet Community,
> >
> > As the 1.5.1 patch release is done (many thanks Tao!), it is time to prepare for
the next minor release of MXNet - 1.6.0.

> > I (ptrendx@github / ptredak@mxnet Slack) would like to manage the release of 1.6.0.
As it will be the first time for me to manage a release, Sam (samskalicky) and Lin (apeforest)
agreed to help guiding me through the process.

> > Thanks to Sheng there is a GitHub issue[1] listing major features that should go
into the 1.6.0, please add any features that you want included there.

> > That said, as we target November for the release, to accommodate for extensive testing
and bugfixing, the code freeze date is set to October 24th 23:59PST. Please reach out to me
as soon as possible if you feel that you will need an extension of that deadline for your
feature.

> > Sheng created a page on cwiki[2] about the release, I will populate it with the
information and tracked issues and PRs.