mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carin Meier <carinme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code freeze for 1.5.1 patch release
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2019 17:08:30 GMT
We have done that on other releases. That is, vote without Clojure package.
Someone feel free to clarify the official stance.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:55 PM Lin Yuan <apeforest@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tao,
>
> If the voting is on the source and not requiring the language bindings, can
> we do the voting in parallel with the release?
>
> Carin/Qing, please help to clarify if the R/Clojure language bindings are
> required for voting.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lin
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 7:32 AM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your help, Carin. Per step 1.14 of  the release process [1],
> > stage repo links should be included in the voting email.
> >
> > Scala packages are done. Thanks to the help from @Lanking.
> >
> > We still have problem with R package on Windows. @yajiedesign is helping
> on
> > that.
> >
> > Again thanks for all of your support and patience.
> >
> > -tao
> >
> > [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Release+Process
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 6:10 PM Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I will be able to build the Clojure packages on Friday. I don’t believe
> > > this needs to hold up the voting. I believe the voting is only on the
> > > source.
> > >
> > > -Carin
> > >
> > > On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 7:05 PM Lin Yuan <apeforest@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi Tao,
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for uploading the artifacts. May I know what the current
> status
> > of
> > > > Scala, Clojure and R packages and any help you need from the
> community
> > to
> > > > complete?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Lin
> > > >
> > > > On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Update:
> > > > >
> > > > > Artifacts of 1.5.1.rc0 have been uploaded to github and Apache
> dist.
> > > > Before
> > > > > voting, we still need some time to build packages for Scala,
> Clojure
> > > and
> > > > R.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you for your patience.
> > > > >
> > > > > -tao
> > > > >
> > > > > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 10:15 PM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Following the release process [1], I just created the tag for
> > > 1.5.1.rc0
> > > > > > [2]. Artifacts uploading and validation are still WIP. Will
keep
> > you
> > > > > > posted. Hopefully we can start the veto soon for a new release.
> :)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Let me know if you any question or suggestion for the release.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > -tao
> > > > > >
> > > > > > [1]
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Release+Process
> > > > > > [2]
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.5.1.rc0
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:23 AM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org>
wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> Code freezing!
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> If you happen to be around github, please help to review
the PR
> > [1]
> > > > for
> > > > > >> bumping version strings on the release branch. Thanks.
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> I will continue working on the rest steps for the release.
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> Thanks,
> > > > > >> -tao
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/16072
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 9:51 PM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org>
wrote:
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >>>
> > > > > >>> I drafted the release notes for 1.5.1 patch release:
> > > > > >>>
> > > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.5.1+Release+Notes
> > > > > >>>
> > > > > >>> Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated!
> > > > > >>>
> > > > > >>> -tao
> > > > > >>>
> > > > > >>> On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 2:00 PM kellen sunderland <
> > > > > >>> kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > >>>
> > > > > >>>> Thanks for organizing the release Tao.
> > > > > >>>>
> > > > > >>>> On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 5:53 PM Tao Lv <taolv@apache.org>
wrote:
> > > > > >>>>
> > > > > >>>> > Hi Community,
> > > > > >>>> >
> > > > > >>>> > Code freeze for 1.5.1 patch release will be
9/3 6pm PST (9/4
> > 9am
> > > > > >>>> CST). If
> > > > > >>>> > you have any additional fix in progress and
would like to
> > > include
> > > > it
> > > > > >>>> in
> > > > > >>>> > this release, please assure they have been
merged before
> code
> > > > > freeze.
> > > > > >>>> >
> > > > > >>>> > Thanks for all your support and contribution.
> > > > > >>>> >
> > > > > >>>> > -tao
> > > > > >>>> >
> > > > > >>>>
> > > > > >>>
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message