mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache MXNet: Path to graduation
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2019 05:17:54 GMT
Amazon. Amazon created the brand. They own the first repository to use the
term in this conext ( https://github.com/gluon-api ). There was some
involvement from Microsoft, so Microsoft's opinion may also be relevant.
Gluon is not an Apache Software Foundation nor Apache MXNet brand.

Unless it was very recent, I don't believe there have been any trademark
registrations. If Amazon would prefer Apache control the Gluon naming, I
think the simplest 'act' to make that so would be to move the gluon-api
repository over to ASF control.

Hen