mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Tao Lv <ta...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] MXNet 1.5.1 release
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:49:38 GMT
Hi dev,

Here is an update for the 1.5.1 patch release.

1. Thanks for the effort from whole community, we have cherry picked a
bunch of fixes to v1.5.x branch. So far, the branch looks healthy:
http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/blue/organizations/jenkins/NightlyTestsForBinaries/activity/
2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/15803 cannot pass the CI;
3. I hope julia folks can take a look at the back porting for
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/15609 and
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/15608 - do we still need
them?
4. License issue of cub and pybind is still not fixed. We also has a
license issue of a cat image in julia examples.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/15542
5. Still no progress for the sidebar issue:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/15200
6. There is a GPU OOM issue in 1.5.0 release and already root caused by
Lin:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/15703#issuecomment-522780492.
We need decide whether we want to get it fixed in the 1.5.1 patch release.

Please find details in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.5.1+Release+Plan+and+Status
.

Thanks,
-tao

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:57 PM Zhao, Patric <patric.zhao@intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation, Marco & Tao. Sounds great!

the defects and

would
debut on the

be a patch