mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Per da Silva <perdasi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Make MXNet deploy it's own distribution
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2019 07:45:29 GMT
Hi,

We've started working on something along these lines as part of the CD
pipeline framework. The idea is to compile and test the libmxnet.so  (both
statically and dynamically linked) for the different variants (cpu, gpu,
mkl, etc.) then have the different mxnet frontends (python, Julia, scala,
etc) just wrap around the library.

I've been on long term sick leave and haven't been able to move forward
with this, although I have an open PR that kicks off this work:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/15051 - I welcome everyone
to take a look. It's the first of a series of PRs to automate the
distribution of the python (pip and docker) packages. Instead of using
maven, we have opted to use S3. But this decision can be revisited.

We also want to distribute what we termed "runtime" docker images. Docker
images containing the dynamically linked mxnet library and all of the
runtime dependencies (examples: https://hub.docker.com/r/mxnet/runtime).
This could facilitate the packaging and distribution of docker images for
the different frontends.

Cheers,

Per