mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: demise of dmlc.ml domain & new Julia docs hosting
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2019 19:20:01 GMT
I'd have it check signatures. Ssl is optional I think. China users seem to
have issues with SSL... That may have changed, but I think we might have to
work around that for background downloads for models.

With regard to the current links to dmlc.ml, I asked ivy to just get rid of
them with # if necessary. Better to 404 than go to malware. This requires
going back into previous release branches and purging those references.

The website is publishing regularly again. I had trouble getting Julia to
work in CI for generating the Julia docs, but I have it working now.

As we move forward with yet another release, plus the potential launch of
the new Python docs site we need to consider reducing complexity of the
build and prune old versions. I think we should only host master or the
most recent release, and provide instructions on how to generate other
versions. Otherwise the transition will be too difficult and disruptive.