mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From sandeep krishnamurthy <sandeep.krishn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.5.0.rc2
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2019 23:02:37 GMT
+1

Download source -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/download/1.5.0.rc2/apache-mxnet-src-1.5.0.rc2-incubating.tar.gz

-[Y] Are release files in correct location?

-[Y] Do release files have the word incubating in their name?

-[Y] Does DISCLAIMER file exist?

-[Y] Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?

-[Y] Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct?

-[Y] Is the NOTICE year correct?

Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:

-[Y] Does the software have a compatible license?

-[Y] Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE?

-[Y] Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE?

Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:

-[Y] Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE

file?

-[Y] Do all source files have ASF headers?

-[Y] Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version
control?

-[N] Are there any unexpected binary files in the release?

-[Y] Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear?

Apart from above checks, I built from source on a GPU machine with CUDA 10,
using following command:

make -j32  USE_BLAS=openblas USE_CUDA=1 USE_OPENMP=1 USE_PROFILER=1
USE_CUDNN=1 USE_CUDA_PATH=/usr/local/cuda USE_OPENCV=1

and ran operator performance test via opperf following the instructions (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/1.5.0.rc2/benchmark/opperf/README.md
), that executes ~150 MXNet operators. No broken functionality observed.

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy