mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From kellen sunderland <kellen.sunderl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] add conan support for Apache MXNet (incubating)
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 15:05:44 GMT
Hey Konstantin.  Thanks for starting an email thread and sorry for the
confusion.  I think the ides is that we should discuss and agree on
Conan.io adoption first on the dev list, then start merging PRs.  Release
1.4.1 is already in testing and the 1.5 code freeze deadline is also near
so I think it could be difficult to make such a large change on one of
those releases.  I've looked into package management solutions for the
project before.  I was in favour of hunter, but I think Conan's adoption
rate now makes it the best option.  It's simple to use and is becoming
industry standard, with a minor downside of requiring Python (which has
meanwhile become the most popular dev language).  I'd personally be -1 for
1.4.1 or 1.5, +1 for using Conan in 1.6 or 2.0.

-Kellen