mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anirudh Subramanian <anirudh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 1.5.0 Release Plan
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 18:50:58 GMT
Hi Lai,

>From the discussion I had with Nvidia offline they are targeting on pushing
the required changes today.
Since this is important feature for the release, if this gets delayed and
cannot  be merged by 05/17/2019,
the code freeze date may need to be changed.

Anirudh

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 1:23 AM Lv, Tao A <tao.a.lv@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi dev,
>
> We see there are several github issues [1][2][3][4] about mxnet windows
> build experience. The team is working intensively [5][6][7] on that to fix
> some problems of MKL-DNN build on windows. We hope these fixes can catch
> the code freeze and finally enter the 1.5.0 release.
>
> The PR against mshadow (#374) was already merged and MXNet PR #14877 is
> under review - great thanks to CI team for helping on the MKL installation
> request. PR #14952 is document change according to build logic changes in
> PR #14877. So I think these two PRs should be merged simultaneously.
> Currently #14877 is experiencing a CI response problem.
>
> Please take your time to have a look at these two PRs. Your comments and
> suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -tao
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/14670
> [2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/14335
> [3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/14203
> [4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/14085
> [5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/14877
> [6] https://github.com/dmlc/mshadow/pull/374
> [7] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/14952
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lai Wei [mailto:royweilai@gmail.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:57 PM
> To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] 1.5.0 Release Plan
>
> Hi Anirudh,
>
> I see there was an offline disucssion
> <
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/14173#pullrequestreview-235846341
> >
> and I have updated the AMP feature and your project on the release tracker
> <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.5.0+Release+Plan+and+Status
> >
> ,
> Please let me know if you have any updates.
>
> Hi @dev,
> This is a gentle reminder that  the code freeze for 1.5.0 release is on
> 05/17/2019, please let us know if you have any WIP pull requests aiming for
> 1.5.0 that needs attention.
> Please understand we already have around 650 commits in master that need
> to be released in time. We understand TensorRT test in CI is failing and
> are trying to fix it. Meanwhile please update the tracker if there is any
> change:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.5.0+Release+Plan+and+Status
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lai
>
>
> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:58 AM Anirudh Subramanian <anirudh2290@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Sheng,
> >
> > I had a discussion with nvidia folks offline today (@ptrendx et. al.).
> > I strongly feel that the AMP feature should be included as part of the
> > release: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/14173 .
> > The PR is aimed for completion for next week but reviews and RFC
> > discussions may take some time. I would request to extend the release
> > code freeze by 2 weeks.
> > Also, I would like to include
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Conversion+from+FP32
> > +to+Mixed+Precision+Models
> > which
> > depends on the AMP PR.
> > I am also aiming for adding a PR by this week end or early next week,
> > but reviews will take longer than May 17th.
> >
> > Anirudh
> >
> >
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 11:49 PM Sheng Zha <szha.pvg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > While 1.4.1 vote on general@incubator is still on going, I’d like to
> > > propose that we start preparing 1.5.0 release.
> > >
> > > 1.5.0 will include changes that dates back to last year and there
> > > has
> > been
> > > a lot of new features and improvements in it, so it will likely time
> > > us more time to prepare than 1.4.1. I propose the following timeline:
> > > - Cut release branch: release branch already cut. Will sync with
> > > master branch on 5/15/2019 EOD.
> > > - Code freeze: 5/17/2019. No more changes unless the release branch
> > > is in a broken state.
> > > - Tag and vote: 5/20/2019 onward.
> > >
> > > Lai Wei (roywei@) expressed to me offline that he’s willing to help
> > drive
> > > this release as release manager, and I’m happy to help again as
> > committer.
> > >
> > > If you have features in progress that you’d like to include in 1.5.0:
> > > - Add your feature to the scope:
> > >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.5.0+Release+Plan+a
> > nd+Status
> > > - Indicate in this thread:
> > >   - how confident you are about making it happen before the code
> freeze.
> > > If not confident, provide estimate for a more manageable code freeze
> > > date so that people can discuss whether to extend the deadline or to
> > > skip one release for it.
> > > - whether your PR requires more attention to make it happen.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attention. Comments and suggestions are also welcome.
> > >
> > > -sz
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message