mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Tianqi Chen <tqc...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rebrand Gluon to MXNet imperative or something MXNet.
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2019 00:41:03 GMT
Change the name gluon will result in a significant problem of backward
compatibility for many of the current users, and that would be a huge -1
for the current community.
One possibility is to do that is to have a clear roadmap of 2.0(which gives
the message of non-backward compatible) and we can discuss which features
consolidate, but perhaps that will require a bit more thoughts and
coordinated effort.

Tianqi