mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Yuan <apefor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rebrand Gluon to MXNet imperative or something MXNet.
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2019 23:29:21 GMT
+1.

Just to give some of my real experience:
1) I advertised a recent GluonNLP blog and many responses are "This seems
nice. So is Gluon a new library to replace MXNet?"
2) We visited customers in a unicorn company who showed interests in MXNet
but none of the engineers knew the relationship between GluonNLP/GluonCV
and MXNet
3) When integrating MXNet to Horovod and adding examples, I received
comments like "What is Gluon? Is it a new library in addition to MXNet?"

Everyone is talking about PyTorch nowadays, but not Caffe2 anymore although
the latter is still serving as a backend component. Maybe we should also
doubledown on one brand?

Lin