mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Fwd: [RESTARTING][VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc2
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:44:29 GMT
forgot to CC dev

thread on dev@mxnet.a.o and the canceled vote thread.

> It may end up with the same outcome.
>
>> Option 3:
>> 1 - Fix the header issues.
> <snip>
>> 3 - Start a vote thread on general@incubator.a.o pointing to the new vote thread
from step 2.  Will likely need to be open 72 hours.

> Just be aware it can take longer, sometime much longer, to get the 3 +1 IPMC votes.
>
>> Tough position to be in with Horovod being released.
>
> Which show the risk of tying in your release cycle with a non Apache product. IMO you
need to be independent of 3rd party releases and not tied to their milestones. If they wanted
to include a particular unreleased version of ASF software, you should started the release
a long time ahead of time just in case problems were encountered issues.This probably wouldn't
be an issue if you made more frequent releases, it’s easier to check compliance with frequent
releases so the 3rd party could just take the last good release and go with that.