mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Seok Hyun Jin <sj...@cornell.edu>
Subject Running MxNet compiled with Cuda 9 on a machine with Cuda 10
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 21:18:52 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to run MxNet compiled with Cuda 9 on a machine with only Cuda 10.
For other Cuda applications, this seems to be possible as long as I specify
the correct target GPU generation and statically link the runtime into the
application when I run ‘nvcc’ (at the cost of having a much fatter binary).

But does this hold true for MxNet as well? Is there anything about MxNet
that makes it not runnable on a machine with a more recent Cuda version?

I'm using containerized build for Jetson to build the libmxnet.so myself.

I tried running MxNet with Cuda 9 on Cuda 10 machine but it keeps looking
for libcudart.so.9.0 .

Thanks!

Best,

Jin