mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Haibin Lin <haibin.lin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache MXNet v1.4.0 release status
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 19:22:31 GMT
Hi Steffen,

Aston and I would like to bring this PR to your attention:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13686, where Zhi fixed the
num_worker argument of DataLoader on windows. Without this fix, using
DataLoader with num_worker > 0 would result in crash on Windows. Bringing
this PR to 1.4.x would greatly benefit windows users of MXNet. Aston is
working on the dive into deep learning book
<http://diveintodeeplearning.org> based on MXNet, which is due and frozen
for publication next week. Currently the book will depend on MXNet 1.4.0
and discourages readers from using multi-worker DataLoaders due to this bug
on Windows. With this fix Aston can update the examples in the book with
DataLoader using multiple workers, which will be very beneficial to the
broader MXNet community.

Best,
Haibin