mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] About the PR merging policy
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:18:29 GMT
Hi all,

Recently I self-merged my PR without getting approvals from other committers https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13617
and only contributors approval. I apologize to the community and thank Marco for pointing
out the problem. I took a lesson that we should at least have one committer’s approval to
merge the code. However, I just found this section is missing in the CWiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Become+an+Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+Committer+and+PPMC+Member.
So I would like to discuss in here:

How to conduct the PR reviewing/merging. How many approvals (Committers and Contributors)
we should get in order to merge?

How to deal with disagreement in the discussion (e.g a contributor/committer request a change)?

Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts!

Thanks,
Qing