mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From khedia.ankit@gmail.com <khedia.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Nightly/Weekly tests for examples
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 22:11:19 GMT
Hi MXNet community,

Recently, I and a few other contributors focussed on fixing examples in our repository which
were not working out of the box as expected.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/12800
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/11895

Some of the examples failed after API changes and remained uncaught until a user reported
the issue. While the community is actively working on fixing it, it might re-occur after few
days if we don’t have a proper mechanism to catch regressions.

So, I would like to propose to enable nightly/weekly tests for the examples similar to what
we have for tutorials to catch any such regressions. The test could check only basic functionalities/working
of the examples. It can run small examples completely whereas it can run long training examples
for only few epochs.

Any thoughts from the community? Any other suggestions for fixing the same?

Regards,
Ankit Khedia