mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hao Jin <hjjn.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding AMD CPU to CI
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 23:38:24 GMT
I'm a bit confused about why we need extra functionality tests just for AMD
CPUs, aren't AMD CPUs supporting roughly the same instruction sets as the
Intel ones? In the very impossible case that something working on Intel
CPUs being not functioning on AMD CPUs (or vice versa), it would mostly
likely be related to the underlying hardware implementation of the same
ISA, to which we definitely do not have a good solution. So I don't think
performing extra tests on functional aspect of the system on AMD CPUs is
adding any values.
Hao