mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From kellen sunderland <kellen.sunderl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coverity scan
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:07:58 GMT
Hey Anton, can you provide a sample scan?  I'm interested to see if it
catches different memory access violations, or if it gets the same ones
we've already seen reported by clang-tidy.  For example are these
violations in the reports:
------------------------------
"/work/mxnet/3rdparty/dmlc-core/include/dmlc/concurrentqueue.h:3443:24:
warning: Access to field 'capacity' results in a dereference of a null
pointer (loaded from variable 'mainHash')
[clang-analyzer-core.NullDereference]"

---------------------------

/work/mxnet/3rdparty/mshadow/mshadow/./tensor.h:64:23: warning:
Assigned value is garbage or undefined
[clang-analyzer-core.uninitialized.Assign]
      this->shape_[i] = s[i];"

/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8.0.1/../../../../include/c++/8.0.1/ext/atomicity.h:67:29:
warning: Use of memory after it is freed
[clang-analyzer-cplusplus.NewDelete]

-Kellen