mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From kellen sunderland <kellen.sunderl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 release
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 20:46:18 GMT
I believe this PR is ready to merge but so far I don't have any approvals.
Would appreciate if someone could do a quick review:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13311
and
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13310

-Kellen

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:43 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kellen - please merge your PR before v1.4.x branch is created or integrate
> afterwards.
> Steffen
>
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:01 PM kellen sunderland <
> kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Steffen, I'd like to be able to merge this PR for version 1.4:
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13310 . It fixes a
> > regression in master which causes incorrect feature vectors to be output
> > when using the TensorRT feature.  (Thanks to Nathalie for helping me
> track
> > down the root cause of the issue).   I'm currently blocked on a CI issue
> I
> > haven't seen before, but hope to have it resolved by EOW.
> >
> > One call-out I would make is that we currently don't support Turing
> > architecture (sm_75).  I've been slowly trying to add support, but I
> don't
> > think I'd have capacity to do this done by EOW.  Does anyone feel
> strongly
> > we need this in the 1.4 release?  From my perspective this will already
> be
> > a strong release without it.
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Patrick, lets target to get the PR's merged this week.
> > >
> > > Call for contributions from the community: Right now we have 10 PR
> > awaiting
> > > merge
> > > <
> > >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-merge+
> > > >
> > > and
> > > we have 61 open PR awaiting review.
> > > <
> > >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-review
> > > >
> > > I would appreciate if you all can help to review the open PR and the
> > > committers can drive the merge before code freeze for 1.4.0.
> > >
> > > The contributors on the Java API are making progress, but not all
> > > performance issues are resolved. With some luck it should be possible
> to
> > > code freeze towards end of this week.
> > >
> > > Are there other critical features/bugs/PR you think need to be included
> > in
> > > 1.4.0? If so, please communicate as soon as possible.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Steffen
> > >
> > > On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM Zhao, Patric <patric.zhao@intel.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Thanks, Steffen. I think there is NO open issue to block the MKLDNN
> to
> > GA
> > > > now.
> > > >
> > > > BTW, several quantization related PRs (#13297,#13260) are under the
> > > review
> > > > and I think it can be merged in this week.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > --Patric
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > From: Steffen Rochel [mailto:steffenrochel@gmail.com]
> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:57 AM
> > > > > To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
> > > > > Subject: Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0
> > > release
> > > > >
> > > > > On Friday the contributors working on Java API discovered a
> potential
> > > > > performance problem with inference using Java API vs. Python.
> > > > Investigation
> > > > > is ongoing.
> > > > > As the Java API is one of the main features for the upcoming
> > release, I
> > > > > suggest to post-pone the code freeze towards end of this week.
> > > > >
> > > > > Please provide feedback and concern about the change in dates for
> > code
> > > > > freeze and 1.4.0 release. I will provide updates on progress
> > resolving
> > > > the
> > > > > potential performance problem.
> > > > >
> > > > > Patrick - do you think it is possible to resolve the remaining
> issues
> > > on
> > > > MKL-
> > > > > DNN this week, so we can consider GA for MKL-DNN with 1.4.0?
> > > > >
> > > > > Regards,
> > > > > Steffen
> > > > >
> > > > > On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:26 AM Anton Chernov <mechernov@gmail.com
> >
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > I'd like to remind everyone that 'code freeze' would mean
> cutting a
> > > > > > v1.4.x release branch and all following fixes would need to
be
> > > > backported.
> > > > > > Development on master can be continued as usual.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Best
> > > > > > Anton
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ср, 14 нояб. 2018 г. в 6:04, Steffen Rochel <
> > steffenrochel@gmail.com
> > > >:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Dear MXNet community,
> > > > > > > the agreed plan was to establish code freeze for 1.4.0
release
> > > > > > > today. As the 1.3.1 patch release is still ongoing I suggest
to
> > > > > > > post-pone the code freeze to Friday 16th November 2018.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Sergey Kolychev has agreed to act as co-release manager
for all
> > > > > > > tasks
> > > > > > which
> > > > > > > require committer privileges. If anybody is interested
to
> > volunteer
> > > > > > > as release manager - now is the time to speak up. Otherwise
I
> > will
> > > > > > > manage
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > release.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > Steffen
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message