mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steffen Rochel <steffenroc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 release
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 02:42:43 GMT
Thanks Patrick, lets target to get the PR's merged this week.

Call for contributions from the community: Right now we have 10 PR awaiting
merge
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-merge+>
and
we have 61 open PR awaiting review.
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-review>
I would appreciate if you all can help to review the open PR and the
committers can drive the merge before code freeze for 1.4.0.

The contributors on the Java API are making progress, but not all
performance issues are resolved. With some luck it should be possible to
code freeze towards end of this week.

Are there other critical features/bugs/PR you think need to be included in
1.4.0? If so, please communicate as soon as possible.

Regards,
Steffen

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM Zhao, Patric <patric.zhao@intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Steffen. I think there is NO open issue to block the MKLDNN to GA
> now.
>
> BTW, several quantization related PRs (#13297,#13260) are under the review
> and I think it can be merged in this week.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Patric
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Steffen Rochel [mailto:steffenrochel@gmail.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:57 AM
> > To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 release
> >
> > On Friday the contributors working on Java API discovered a potential
> > performance problem with inference using Java API vs. Python.
> Investigation
> > is ongoing.
> > As the Java API is one of the main features for the upcoming release, I
> > suggest to post-pone the code freeze towards end of this week.
> >
> > Please provide feedback and concern about the change in dates for code
> > freeze and 1.4.0 release. I will provide updates on progress resolving
> the
> > potential performance problem.
> >
> > Patrick - do you think it is possible to resolve the remaining issues on
> MKL-
> > DNN this week, so we can consider GA for MKL-DNN with 1.4.0?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steffen
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:26 AM Anton Chernov <mechernov@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to remind everyone that 'code freeze' would mean cutting a
> > > v1.4.x release branch and all following fixes would need to be
> backported.
> > > Development on master can be continued as usual.
> > >
> > > Best
> > > Anton
> > >
> > > ср, 14 нояб. 2018 г. в 6:04, Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > > Dear MXNet community,
> > > > the agreed plan was to establish code freeze for 1.4.0 release
> > > > today. As the 1.3.1 patch release is still ongoing I suggest to
> > > > post-pone the code freeze to Friday 16th November 2018.
> > > >
> > > > Sergey Kolychev has agreed to act as co-release manager for all
> > > > tasks
> > > which
> > > > require committer privileges. If anybody is interested to volunteer
> > > > as release manager - now is the time to speak up. Otherwise I will
> > > > manage
> > > the
> > > > release.
> > > >
> > > > Regards,
> > > > Steffen
> > > >
> > >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message