mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steffen Rochel <steffenroc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 release
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 20:50:37 GMT
added to 1.4.0 tracking list
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Plan+and+Status#ApacheMXNet(incubating)1.4.0ReleasePlanandStatus-OpenPRstotrack>
.
Steffen

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM Zheng, Da <dzzhen@amazon.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hello Steffen,
>
> Can this bug be fixed in 1.4.0 release? It's a significant performance
> regression on sparse matrix multiplication.
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13449
>
> Thanks,
> Da
>
> On 11/26/18, 6:42 AM, "Steffen Rochel" <steffenrochel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Dear MXNet community,
>
>     I will be the release manager for the upcoming Apache MXNet 1.4.0
> release.
>     Sergey Kolychev will be co-managing the release and providing help
> from the
>     committers side.
>     A release candidate will be cut on November 29, 2018 and voting will
> start
>     December 7, 2018. Release notes have been drafted here [1]. If you
> have any
>     additional features in progress and would like to include it in this
>     release, please assure they have been merged by November 27, 2018.
> Release
>     schedule is available here [2].
>
>     Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions. Please help to review
> and
>     merge outstanding PR's and resolve issues impacting the quality of the
>     1.4.0 release.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Steffen
>
>     [1]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes
>
>     [2]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Plan+and+Status
>
>
>
>
>     On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:15 PM kellen sunderland <
>     kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     > Spoke too soon[1], looks like others have been adding Turing support
> as
>     > well (thanks to those helping with this).  I believe there's still a
> few
>     > changes we'd have to make to claim support though (mshadow CMake
> changes,
>     > PyPi package creation tweaks).
>     >
>     > 1:
>     >
>     >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/2c3357443ec3d49a11e93c89f278264ce10c2f08
>     >
>     > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM kellen sunderland <
>     > kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
>     >
>     > > Hey Steffen, I'd like to be able to merge this PR for version 1.4:
>     > > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13310 . It fixes a
>     > > regression in master which causes incorrect feature vectors to be
> output
>     > > when using the TensorRT feature.  (Thanks to Nathalie for helping
> me
>     > track
>     > > down the root cause of the issue).   I'm currently blocked on a CI
> issue
>     > I
>     > > haven't seen before, but hope to have it resolved by EOW.
>     > >
>     > > One call-out I would make is that we currently don't support Turing
>     > > architecture (sm_75).  I've been slowly trying to add support, but
> I
>     > don't
>     > > think I'd have capacity to do this done by EOW.  Does anyone feel
>     > strongly
>     > > we need this in the 1.4 release?  From my perspective this will
> already
>     > be
>     > > a strong release without it.
>     > >
>     > > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Steffen Rochel <
> steffenrochel@gmail.com>
>     > > wrote:
>     > >
>     > >> Thanks Patrick, lets target to get the PR's merged this week.
>     > >>
>     > >> Call for contributions from the community: Right now we have 10 PR
>     > >> awaiting
>     > >> merge
>     > >> <
>     > >>
>     >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-merge+
>     > >> >
>     > >> and
>     > >> we have 61 open PR awaiting review.
>     > >> <
>     > >>
>     >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-review
>     > >> >
>     > >> I would appreciate if you all can help to review the open PR and
> the
>     > >> committers can drive the merge before code freeze for 1.4.0.
>     > >>
>     > >> The contributors on the Java API are making progress, but not all
>     > >> performance issues are resolved. With some luck it should be
> possible to
>     > >> code freeze towards end of this week.
>     > >>
>     > >> Are there other critical features/bugs/PR you think need to be
> included
>     > in
>     > >> 1.4.0? If so, please communicate as soon as possible.
>     > >>
>     > >> Regards,
>     > >> Steffen
>     > >>
>     > >> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM Zhao, Patric <
> patric.zhao@intel.com>
>     > >> wrote:
>     > >>
>     > >> > Thanks, Steffen. I think there is NO open issue to block the
> MKLDNN to
>     > >> GA
>     > >> > now.
>     > >> >
>     > >> > BTW, several quantization related PRs (#13297,#13260) are under
> the
>     > >> review
>     > >> > and I think it can be merged in this week.
>     > >> >
>     > >> > Thanks,
>     > >> >
>     > >> > --Patric
>     > >> >
>     > >> >
>     > >> > > -----Original Message-----
>     > >> > > From: Steffen Rochel [mailto:steffenrochel@gmail.com]
>     > >> > > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:57 AM
>     > >> > > To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
>     > >> > > Subject: Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating)
> 1.4.0
>     > >> release
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > On Friday the contributors working on Java API discovered
a
>     > potential
>     > >> > > performance problem with inference using Java API vs. Python.
>     > >> > Investigation
>     > >> > > is ongoing.
>     > >> > > As the Java API is one of the main features for the upcoming
>     > release,
>     > >> I
>     > >> > > suggest to post-pone the code freeze towards end of this
week.
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > Please provide feedback and concern about the change in dates
> for
>     > code
>     > >> > > freeze and 1.4.0 release. I will provide updates on progress
>     > resolving
>     > >> > the
>     > >> > > potential performance problem.
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > Patrick - do you think it is possible to resolve the remaining
>     > issues
>     > >> on
>     > >> > MKL-
>     > >> > > DNN this week, so we can consider GA for MKL-DNN with 1.4.0?
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > Regards,
>     > >> > > Steffen
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:26 AM Anton Chernov <
> mechernov@gmail.com>
>     > >> > > wrote:
>     > >> > >
>     > >> > > > I'd like to remind everyone that 'code freeze' would
mean
> cutting
>     > a
>     > >> > > > v1.4.x release branch and all following fixes would
need to
> be
>     > >> > backported.
>     > >> > > > Development on master can be continued as usual.
>     > >> > > >
>     > >> > > > Best
>     > >> > > > Anton
>     > >> > > >
>     > >> > > > ср, 14 нояб. 2018 г. в 6:04, Steffen Rochel
<
>     > >> steffenrochel@gmail.com>:
>     > >> > > >
>     > >> > > > > Dear MXNet community,
>     > >> > > > > the agreed plan was to establish code freeze for
1.4.0
> release
>     > >> > > > > today. As the 1.3.1 patch release is still ongoing
I
> suggest to
>     > >> > > > > post-pone the code freeze to Friday 16th November
2018.
>     > >> > > > >
>     > >> > > > > Sergey Kolychev has agreed to act as co-release
manager
> for all
>     > >> > > > > tasks
>     > >> > > > which
>     > >> > > > > require committer privileges. If anybody is interested
to
>     > >> volunteer
>     > >> > > > > as release manager - now is the time to speak up.
> Otherwise I
>     > will
>     > >> > > > > manage
>     > >> > > > the
>     > >> > > > > release.
>     > >> > > > >
>     > >> > > > > Regards,
>     > >> > > > > Steffen
>     > >> > > > >
>     > >> > > >
>     > >> >
>     > >>
>     > >
>     >
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message