mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Zai <aza...@gmail.com>
Subject MKLDNN dynamically linked
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 01:47:42 GMT
Created new thread for this as my email were not sending through my work
email. Original thread can be found here (
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@mxnet.apache.org:lte=1M:dynamically)

There seems to be an issue linking static libraries (MKLDNN) on windows as
not all VS compilers support statically linking (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18901128/link-static-library-using-cmake
)

        PR can be tracked here (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13197). Jenkins fails on
windows build.

        There are two routes I see here (both non-ideal):

        1. Keep mkldnn as a dynamically linked library. This will cause
issues, especially since the mkldnn version has been incremented to 0.17
and soon to be 0.17.1.

        2. Change build file such that mkldnn is statically linked in
linux/mac but remains dynamically linked on windows. This will complicate
our build files (cmakelistfile and makefile) but it may be easier to
resolve mkldnn issues on mac/linux since we'll know what version of mkldnn
they are using.