mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Chernov <mecher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.3.1 patch release
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 10:17:24 GMT
Hi Naveen,

I believe that the timeout is not an issue for the branch. And I see great
benefit in having tests for MACOS on the release branch. The travis build
is not blocking anyway, so I don't see any risk in adding it.

* test_dropout

Currently, there is a problem with test_dropout that fails consistently on
the branch:

http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/blue/organizations/jenkins/incubator-mxnet/detail/v1.3.x/97/pipeline

Error reported:

FAIL: test_operator.test_dropout
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Anaconda3\envs\py3\lib\site-packages\nose\case.py", line 197, in
runTest
    self.test(*self.arg)
  File
"C:\jenkins_slave\workspace\ut-python-gpu\tests\python\unittest\common.py",
line 173, in test_new
    orig_test(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"C:\jenkins_slave\workspace\ut-python-gpu\tests\python\unittest\test_operator.py",
line 5853, in test_dropout
    check_dropout_ratio(0.0, shape)
  File
"C:\jenkins_slave\workspace\ut-python-gpu\tests\python\unittest\test_operator.py",
line 5797, in check_dropout_ratio
    assert exe.outputs[0].asnumpy().min() == min_value
AssertionError:
-------------------- >> begin captured logging << --------------------
common: INFO: Setting test np/mx/python random seeds, use
MXNET_TEST_SEED=428273587 to reproduce.
--------------------- >> end captured logging << ---------------------

The test is enabled on master:

Re-enables test_operator.test_dropout

And there are no failures for it [1].

* KVStore tests

Unfortunately, KVStore tests fail as well.

http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/blue/organizations/jenkins/incubator-mxnet/detail/v1.3.x/96/pipeline

Error reported:

AssertionError
test_gluon_trainer_type()
    assert trainer._update_on_kvstore is update_on_kv\
  File "dist_sync_kvstore.py", line 388, in test_gluon_trainer_type

If nobody has a fix for these issues, I will disable the tests and add
information to the known issues section.

Best
Anton

[1] http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/job/incubator-mxnet/job/master/