mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Chernov <mecher...@gmail.com>
Subject Coverity scan
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 09:19:58 GMT
Dear MXNet community,

I had investigated the possibility to adopt Coverity static analysis tools
for the MXNet project and it turned out that there is a tool provided by
Synopsys for open-source projects:

https://scan.coverity.com

The tool works nicely with GitHub [1] and I found that a scan for a fork
(from @apeforest) [2] was already set up. I can not tell how long ago the
scan was performed, but at the time of writing the project page shows 5
illegal memory access errors, that I think would be worth investigating.

If there is interest I would suggest that we would setup a Coverity scan
for the main repository instead of a fork and people that have interest
managing and fixing issues would request add them to the project.

I would appreciate feedback for this proposal and help from people having
rights for the main repository to set things up.

Best regards,
Anton

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/github
[2] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/apeforest-incubator-mxnet