mxnet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0 release
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 23:00:11 GMT
PR is ready from my side and passes the tests, unless somebody raises
any concerns it's good to go.
On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 9:50 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pedro - added  to 1.4.0 tracking list
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Plan+and+Status#ApacheMXNet(incubating)1.4.0ReleasePlanandStatus-OpenPRstotrack>
>
> Do you have already ETA?
> Steffen
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 6:13 AM Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.lists@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > There are two important issues / fixes that should go in the next
> > release in my radar:
> >
> > 1) https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13409/files
> > There is a bug in shape inference on CPU when not using MKL, also we
> > are running activation on CPU via MKL when we compile CUDNN+MKLDNN.
> > I'm finishing a fix for these issues in the above PR.
> >
> > 2) https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13438
> > We are seeing crashes due to unsafe setenv in multithreaded code.
> > Setenv / getenv from multiple threads is not safe and is causing
> > segfaults. This piece of code (the handlers in pthread_atfork) already
> > caused a very difficult to diagnose hang in a previous release, where
> > a fork inside cudnn would deadlock the engine.
> >
> > I would remove setenv from 2) as a mitigation, but we would need to
> > check for regressions as we could be creating additional threads
> > inside the engine.
> >
> > I would suggest that we address these two major issues before the next
> > release.
> >
> > Pedro
> >
> >
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 11:41 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear MXNet community,
> > >
> > > I will be the release manager for the upcoming Apache MXNet 1.4.0
> > release.
> > > Sergey Kolychev will be co-managing the release and providing help from
> > the
> > > committers side.
> > > A release candidate will be cut on November 29, 2018 and voting will
> > start
> > > December 7, 2018. Release notes have been drafted here [1]. If you have
> > any
> > > additional features in progress and would like to include it in this
> > > release, please assure they have been merged by November 27, 2018.
> > Release
> > > schedule is available here [2].
> > >
> > > Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions. Please help to review
> > and
> > > merge outstanding PR's and resolve issues impacting the quality of the
> > > 1.4.0 release.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Steffen
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes
> > >
> > > [2]
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Plan+and+Status
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:15 PM kellen sunderland <
> > > kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Spoke too soon[1], looks like others have been adding Turing support as
> > > > well (thanks to those helping with this).  I believe there's still a
> > few
> > > > changes we'd have to make to claim support though (mshadow CMake
> > changes,
> > > > PyPi package creation tweaks).
> > > >
> > > > 1:
> > > >
> > > >
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/2c3357443ec3d49a11e93c89f278264ce10c2f08
> > > >
> > > > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM kellen sunderland <
> > > > kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hey Steffen, I'd like to be able to merge this PR for version 1.4:
> > > > > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13310 . It fixes a
> > > > > regression in master which causes incorrect feature vectors to be
> > output
> > > > > when using the TensorRT feature.  (Thanks to Nathalie for helping
me
> > > > track
> > > > > down the root cause of the issue).   I'm currently blocked on a CI
> > issue
> > > > I
> > > > > haven't seen before, but hope to have it resolved by EOW.
> > > > >
> > > > > One call-out I would make is that we currently don't support Turing
> > > > > architecture (sm_75).  I've been slowly trying to add support, but
I
> > > > don't
> > > > > think I'd have capacity to do this done by EOW.  Does anyone feel
> > > > strongly
> > > > > we need this in the 1.4 release?  From my perspective this will
> > already
> > > > be
> > > > > a strong release without it.
> > > > >
> > > > > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Steffen Rochel <
> > steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >> Thanks Patrick, lets target to get the PR's merged this week.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Call for contributions from the community: Right now we have
10 PR
> > > > >> awaiting
> > > > >> merge
> > > > >> <
> > > > >>
> > > >
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-merge+
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> and
> > > > >> we have 61 open PR awaiting review.
> > > > >> <
> > > > >>
> > > >
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Apr-awaiting-review
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> I would appreciate if you all can help to review the open PR
and the
> > > > >> committers can drive the merge before code freeze for 1.4.0.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> The contributors on the Java API are making progress, but not
all
> > > > >> performance issues are resolved. With some luck it should be
> > possible to
> > > > >> code freeze towards end of this week.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Are there other critical features/bugs/PR you think need to be
> > included
> > > > in
> > > > >> 1.4.0? If so, please communicate as soon as possible.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Regards,
> > > > >> Steffen
> > > > >>
> > > > >> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM Zhao, Patric <patric.zhao@intel.com
> > >
> > > > >> wrote:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> > Thanks, Steffen. I think there is NO open issue to block
the
> > MKLDNN to
> > > > >> GA
> > > > >> > now.
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > BTW, several quantization related PRs (#13297,#13260) are
under
> > the
> > > > >> review
> > > > >> > and I think it can be merged in this week.
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > Thanks,
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > --Patric
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > >> > > From: Steffen Rochel [mailto:steffenrochel@gmail.com]
> > > > >> > > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:57 AM
> > > > >> > > To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
> > > > >> > > Subject: Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating)
1.4.0
> > > > >> release
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > On Friday the contributors working on Java API discovered
a
> > > > potential
> > > > >> > > performance problem with inference using Java API vs.
Python.
> > > > >> > Investigation
> > > > >> > > is ongoing.
> > > > >> > > As the Java API is one of the main features for the
upcoming
> > > > release,
> > > > >> I
> > > > >> > > suggest to post-pone the code freeze towards end of
this week.
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > Please provide feedback and concern about the change
in dates
> > for
> > > > code
> > > > >> > > freeze and 1.4.0 release. I will provide updates on
progress
> > > > resolving
> > > > >> > the
> > > > >> > > potential performance problem.
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > Patrick - do you think it is possible to resolve the
remaining
> > > > issues
> > > > >> on
> > > > >> > MKL-
> > > > >> > > DNN this week, so we can consider GA for MKL-DNN with
1.4.0?
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > Regards,
> > > > >> > > Steffen
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:26 AM Anton Chernov <
> > mechernov@gmail.com>
> > > > >> > > wrote:
> > > > >> > >
> > > > >> > > > I'd like to remind everyone that 'code freeze'
would mean
> > cutting
> > > > a
> > > > >> > > > v1.4.x release branch and all following fixes
would need to be
> > > > >> > backported.
> > > > >> > > > Development on master can be continued as usual.
> > > > >> > > >
> > > > >> > > > Best
> > > > >> > > > Anton
> > > > >> > > >
> > > > >> > > > ср, 14 нояб. 2018 г. в 6:04, Steffen Rochel
<
> > > > >> steffenrochel@gmail.com>:
> > > > >> > > >
> > > > >> > > > > Dear MXNet community,
> > > > >> > > > > the agreed plan was to establish code freeze
for 1.4.0
> > release
> > > > >> > > > > today. As the 1.3.1 patch release is still
ongoing I
> > suggest to
> > > > >> > > > > post-pone the code freeze to Friday 16th
November 2018.
> > > > >> > > > >
> > > > >> > > > > Sergey Kolychev has agreed to act as co-release
manager for
> > all
> > > > >> > > > > tasks
> > > > >> > > > which
> > > > >> > > > > require committer privileges. If anybody
is interested to
> > > > >> volunteer
> > > > >> > > > > as release manager - now is the time to speak
up. Otherwise
> > I
> > > > will
> > > > >> > > > > manage
> > > > >> > > > the
> > > > >> > > > > release.
> > > > >> > > > >
> > > > >> > > > > Regards,
> > > > >> > > > > Steffen
> > > > >> > > > >
> > > > >> > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > >
> >

Mime
View raw message