mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache MXNet Workshop in ODSC
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2018 17:55:23 GMT
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that I and Sandeep conducted a Hands on workshop
in ODSC, SF on November 1st, I conducted a similar session in London last
month.  This session had 30 attendees join us and the response was positive
and engaging especially for the fact that they could try out MXNet and see
a trained model. I covered some basics of DL and CNN, and conducted a
exercise of transfer learning a Facial Emotion Recognition model using a
VGG13 pre-trained model from GluonCV. Sandeep covered NLP concepts and an
exercise on training a sentiment analysis model using GluonNLP pre-trained
embedding/model.

The notebooks are here: https://github.com/TalkAI/apache-mxnet-odsc-2018

Slides are here:
https://www.slideshare.net/apachemxnet/apache-mxnet-odsc-west-2018

I also want to encourage you to participate in spreading the word about
MXNet by conducting workshops and/or present how you solve your business
problem using Apache MXNet in breakout sessions.

If you have feedback or questions please reach out to me.

Thanks, Naveen