mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Zha <szha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][LAZY VOTE] Next MXNet release
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 07:31:57 GMT
I'd like to propose that we expedite the 1.4.0 release slightly as there
doesn't seem to be a rule that prevents a minor release from happening at
the same time of a patch release. This would shorten the time it takes for
new features to reach users. Proposed revision to the timeline:
- Code freeze: 11/9
- Release published: 11/22

If there's no issue about both the proposal and new timeline, I'd be happy
to manage 1.4.0 release as release manager.

-sz

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:56 AM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There have been no objections, so lazy vote passed.
> Anton volunteered to manage the 1.3.1 release and Naveen will support him
> as co-manager to handle the release tasks requiring committer powers.
> Please support Anton for a smooth 1.3.1 release process.
>
> I'm still looking for volunteers to manage / co-manage the 1.4.0 release.
>
> Regards,
> Steffen
>
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 7:33 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I calling a lazy vote to release MXNet
> > 1.3.1 (patch release) and 1.4.0 (minor relase).
> >
> > Release content: release proposal page
> > <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Project+Proposals+for+next+MXNet+Release
> >

> > Target milestones:
> > *1.3.1*
> >
> >    - Code Freeze: 10/31
> >    - Release published: 11/13
> >
> > *1.4.0:*
> >
> >    - Code Freeze: 11/13
> >    - Release published: 12/13 (if possible announce during NIPS)
> >

> > The vote will be open until Wednesday October 31, 2018 8.00pm PDT.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steffen
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:56 AM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> During the Hangout on Wednesday multiple release proposals have been
> >> discussed. I summarized discussion here
> >> <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Hangout+October+24th+2018+8am+and+5pm+PDT>
> and
> >> updated the release proposal page
> >> <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Project+Proposals+for+next+MXNet+Release
> >
> >> .
> >> Please review, provide feedback and propose changes.
> >> I plan to start a lazy vote on Sunday regarding the release proposal.
> >>
> >> Calling for volunteers to manage the 1.3.1 and 1.4.0 release.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Steffen

> sources,

TBlob