mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Zha <szha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LabelBot New Design in Production
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:51:52 GMT
Thanks, Harsh. I saw that this was created and used on several issues and I
removed it for now because:

- the issues that they are used on issues that don't seem to be resolved.

- it leaves the impression to the requesters that people think their issues
are not worth people's attention in this community, which seems unwelcoming.

- it seems to be equivalent to issues "some existing label" + "for a long
time", which means it doesn't add value to classifying the issues.

If the goal is to identify stale issues, how about create an issue or a
wiki page, and have a script to update the stale issue list periodically?
This way, committers can always go visit that issue/wikipage and help with
the stale issues. It also forms the basis for a public dashboard for other
aspects of the project, which is likely worthwhile.

What do you think?

Best regards,

-sz