mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mandar Raorane <mand...@packt.com>
Subject Re: Develop a video course on Gluon with Packt
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:34:23 GMT
Hello Marco,

Thank you for showing interest in this opportunity. Since you would be the primary author,
we here at Packt will be working with you throughout each and every step.

I have attached the course specification for your reference, which will give you the idea
of the contents. Our next step is to make the table of contents i.e. the outline together.
I am going to share our standard outline template with you to write the outline for this.

Let me give you more information on the advances and the process:-

Advance and Royalty

We pay a 16% royalty and an advance of $1500 against the royalties, which you will receive
in three installments:

  *   Editorial acceptance of First Section = $450
  *   Editorial acceptance of Final Video = $450
  *   On publication of the Video Course = $600

The advance is designed to provide some minimum guaranteed compensation, and for you to start
earning during the development of the course.

Once the course is published you will receive the share of royalties as well. Your course
will not only be published on our website i.e. Packtpub.com but other partner channels like
Udemy, Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning, O'Reilly, Safari online and many others.

The duration of this course will be about 150 mins, with about 7 main sections consisting
of around 5 videos (5 mins per video) in each section and the videos would be a pure screencasting
experience. You can check out some sample videos on our YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/packt1000>.
The development time would be around 4 months once we begin the recordings.

In addition to our website, we have developed a large network of secondary channels where
we distribute and market our videos. These include the following channels:

• Packtpub.com<http://packtpub.com/>
• Packt Publishing Direct Mailing List (502k+ addresses)
• PacktLib Subscription Channel
• Packt Microsites Network (forthcoming)
• Amazon Instant Video (forthcoming)
• Bluebottlebiz
• Learn Social
• Learnquiq
• O2Skill
• OpenSesame
• O'Reilly Media
• R&M
• Safari
• Thinkful
• Udemy
LinkedIn Learning

Once you are happy with these, we could proceed ahead with the outline of our course. I am
going to share our standard outline template with you for you to draft the outline.

As we are an established publisher by publishing this course you will become a Published author
and definitely, this will increase your visibility on all our channels.

We could always get on a call as well to discuss this. Let me know a suitable time so that
we can schedule a time.

Do let me know your thoughts. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day ahead.