mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Meghna Baijal <meghnabaijal2...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache MXNet (incubating) Python Docker Images
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:51:32 GMT
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of updating the python docker images for
Apache MXNet such that they are built on top of the pip binaries.
Until now these were built to use python 2.7 but with an upcoming PR I am
also adding python 3.5 docker images. I would like to know the community’s
preference on whether I should keep the *Python 2.7 Docker image as the
default or should I move to Python 3.5 as the default version*?

[1] The new python2 dockerfiles and build script can be found here.
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/master/docker/docker-python>
[2] The PR for python3 images is in progress and is here.
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/12791>

Thanks,
Meghna Baijal