mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Anirudh <anirudh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Recognise Reviewers, Besides Committers and PMC
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 20:09:03 GMT
-1. I dont see the need for additional level of hierarchy. I totally am for
recognizing good code reviewers. We can recognize this by making them
committers. Being a good reviewer should be sufficient to become a
committer in my opinion. (Assuming that there is a seperation between PPMC
and committers).

Anirudh

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 8:28 AM Qing Lan <lanking520@live.com> wrote:

> [...]
>     > good indication on whether the person can uphold the quality
> standard of
>     > the codebase, and provide helpful feedbacks(which is the trait that
> needed
>     > from committer to merge code)
>     >
>     > Tianqi
>     >
>     >
>     > On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 5:13 PM Steffen Rochel <
> steffenrochel@gmail.com>
>     > wrote:
>     >
>     > > +1
>     > > With the release announcement for MXNet 1.3 all contributors incl.
> code
>     > > reviewers have been recognized. I suggest all future release
> announcements
>     > > should include such recognition. Are you suggesting to highlight
> most
>     > > active reviewers in release announcement or regularly (e.g.
> monthly),
>     > > specifically from non-committers?
>     > >
>     > > On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Tianqi Chen <tqchen@apache.org>
> wrote:
>     > >
>     > > > Also re another email-thread(I sent out one with my
> institutional email
>     > > > which get blocked initially, so this one was a bit duplication
> of that).
>     > > I
>     > > > think it should really be the job of committers to recognize
> potential
>     > > > reviewers, github also makes it easier to do so, e.g.
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=reviewed-by%3Apiiswrong
>     > > >
>     > > > Tianqi
>     > > >
>     > > > On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM Carin Meier <
> carinmeier@gmail.com>
>     > > wrote:
>     > > >
>     > > > > +1 Great idea. Adding a name to the contributor list is a good
> idea.
>     > > > Also,
>     > > > > I've found that thanking the person for the review on the PR
> is another
>     > > > way
>     > > > > to express gratitude for their time and effort.
>     > > > >
>     > > > > On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 2:51 PM Tianqi Chen <tqchen@apache.org>
> wrote:
>     > > > >
>     > > > > > Dear MXNet Community:
>     > > > > >
>     > > > > > There is a great discussion going on in terms of lowering
> the barrier
>     > > > of
>     > > > > > entries and encourage more contribution to the project.
 One