mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Up-streaming MXNet HIP Port
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:08:34 GMT
Hi Srihari

Thanks for the document. We could add it to the relevant section in the
wiki so it's easier to keep track whenever you feel comfortable with it.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Design+Proposals

The calls to synchronize and wait looks very similar. Shall we use
polymorphism or a bridge pattern to abstract this common calls instead of
using the preprocessor? both seem to use the same abstraction (streams).
Using the suggested pattern instead of preprocessor would lead to code that
is easier to maintain and instrument. A shortcoming would be if the APIs to
abstract would be too different.

Pedro.