mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Revisions to Committer Criteria
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2018 03:11:45 GMT
I added clarifying sections to explicitly call out committers/PMC
privileges. Please review.

Pasting here for convenience
Committer Privileges

   - Committers have write access to the code repository.
   - Committers have an @apache.org email address.
   - Committers can make short-term decisions for the project, approving
   and merging pull requests.
   - Committer Vote is *NOT* considered *binding* thus the vote you cast do
   not have *Veto* on issues that require consensus.
   - Committer's can request changes on Pull Requests but it does not
   constitute Veto, PMC can agree to approve or reject requested changes.

PMC Privileges

   - PMC makes the long-term decisions with regard to the project.
   - PMC members have write access to the code repository.
   - PMC members have @apache.org email address.
   - PMC has access to private@ email list
   - PMC has the right to vote for the community-related decisions, PMC
   Votes are *binding*.
   - PMC has the right to propose active users for committership.
   - PMC must vote on any formal release of the project's software product.

All, I suggest you review the proposal and if there is any concern please
voice it here before this goes out for voting.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 8:04 AM Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> I plan to start a vote on the adopting
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Become+an+Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+Committer+and+PPMC+Member+Proposal
> replace our current document
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Becoming+a+Committer
> tomorrow
> (Monday).
>
> - Carin
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 8:32 AM Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for publishing the notes and also thanks everyone for providing
> > valuable feedback and discussion.
> >
> > I encourage everyone that has ideas for improvement to the document to
> > feel free to edit and revise. If you need a login to the wiki, please
> just
> > ask.
> >
> > Also, while editing, please keep in mind that the intent is to have a
> vote
> > on adopting the new
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Become+an+Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+Committer+and+PPMC+Member+Proposal
> > to replace our current document
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Becoming+a+Committer
> > before a vote on separating levels of committer and PPMC as a process.
> So,
> > if possible, adopting wording that would work in either outcome of that
> > vote.
> >
> > On the subject of voting, I was thinking of starting a vote on Friday,
> but
> > will delay that until the active discussions and revisions are complete.
> >
> > Best,
> > Carin
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 6:39 AM Pedro Larroy <
> pedro.larroy.lists@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> This is the first hangout that I was able to attend, I liked the format
> >> and
> >> found them valuable. Thanks for organizing and publishing the notes.
> >> Looking forward to the next one.
> >>
> >> Pedro

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Hangout+October+24th+2018+8am+and+5pm+PDT

> and