mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhao, Patric" <patric.z...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Next MXNet release
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 05:10:06 GMT
Thanks, Steffen.

I will send the reminder again and currently Da, Jun, Haibin and Marco is reviewing our 1st
PR (12530).

Regarding MKL-DNN integration, the MKL-DNN backend reached GA now from my view.
In the last development cycle, lots of tests, both unit tests and real models, are added to
improve the quality.
And we don't see any big defects in the current solution.

Really thanks the efforts form Alex and Shufan adding a branch of test case.
1) unit test
Such as PR, concat 11371, pool 11608, LRN 11831, Sum 11272, backward 11232, gluon 10921.
The new CPP test located in https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/tests/cpp/operator/mkldnn.cc
and
the gluon test in https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/tests/python/unittest/test_gluon.py.

2) model level
The model level coverage, including CV and non-CV models, are tracked in our local servers
weekly with official master branch.
The CV tests includes RESNET50, inception bn, SSD, etc; non-CV tests includes sockeye/GNMT,
lstm_bucketing models, etc.
All models we tracked can converged with the expected accuracy and performance.

BTW, is there a check list for grading? If so, it's easy to evaluate objectively :)

Thanks,

--Patric