mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LAZY VOTE] Consolidating developer guide in one place (cwiki preferred)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2018 17:24:32 GMT
I think the latest feedback has been great. It seems to be mostly user
level issues though. Installation and usage primarily, with a sprinkle of
*if that stuff was better then I might be able to contribute*.

I've (with a few other contributors) tackled some of the very direct bits
of feedback for the website by incremental improvement of the install
pages, Gluon info, and UX for the API docs.

I've started additional planning for updates by adding an epic with
specific stories and tasks to Jira for the documentation pipeline (the
backend part of the website build):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MXNET-957

I've also added one that is more specific to the website's content:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MXNET-986
This is where I've captured only two tasks related to transitioning content
related to "contributing to MXNet" over to the wiki. Any pointers on which
content to move would help. These could be added as tasks too.

I welcome any suggestions, additions, and contributions to either of these
epics.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 00:02 Lin Yuan <apeforest@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Do we have a resolution for this proposal yet? Recently, there have been
> many asks for a better documentation for MXNet developers. I think it's a
> good time that we consolidate the developer documentation in a central
> place. Any thoughts or plan?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Lin
>
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:55 PM Lin Yuan <apeforest@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:46 PM Aaron Markham <aaron.s.markham@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to call for a lazy vote on this before proceeding. Already had
> >> some +1s but let's be sure.
> >>
> >> The vote is to move developer guide info to cwiki. User guides would
> >> remain
> >> on the website.

> >> focussed

> >> people