mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Qin, Zhennan" <zhennan....@intel.com>
Subject RE: Time out for Travis CI
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2018 04:16:48 GMT
Hi Kellen,

Thanks for your explanation. Do you have a time plan to solve the timeout issue? Rebasing
can't work for my case. Or shall we run it silently to disallow it voting X for overall CI
result? Because most developers are used to ignore the PRs with 'X'.

Thanks,
Zhennan

-----Original Message-----
From: kellen sunderland [mailto:kellen.sunderland@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 10:38 PM
To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Time out for Travis CI

Hey Zhennan, you're safe to ignore Travis failures for now.  They're just informational.

The reason you sometimes see quick builds and sometimes see slow builds is that we're making
use of ccache in between builds.  If your PR is similar to what's in master you should build
very quickly, if not it's going to take a while and likely time out.  If you see timeouts
rebasing may speed things up.  Unfortunately the timeouts are global and we're not able to
increase them.  I'm hoping that adding artifact caching will speed up future builds to the
point that test runs and builds can be executed in under the global limit (which is ~50 minutes).

-Kellen