mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Qin, Zhennan" <zhennan....@intel.com>
Subject Time out for Travis CI
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:03:13 GMT
Hi MXNet devs,

I'm struggled with new Travis CI for a while, it always run time out for this PR:

Most of the time, Jenkins CI can pass, while Travis can't be finished within 50 minutes. For
this PR, it shouldn't affect much on the build time or unit test time. Also, I saw other PR
has same problem, eg.

https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-mxnet/builds/433172088?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-mxnet/builds/434404305?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

According to the time stamp from Travis, all passed PR are within small code change, and can
complete `make -j2` within 25s. But for timeout case, 'make -j2' will need about 1600s. Does
Travis do incremental build for each test? Shall we increase time limit for large PR? Can
we add more time stamp for build and unites stage to help understand what's going on there?

Thanks in advance,
Zhennan