mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maturity Model and Graduation
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:06:28 GMT

On 28/09/18 11:27, kellen sunderland wrote:
> I'd love to see some more
> sustained contribution from other open source communities to help us out in
> this area

That's not exactly the model I have seen to work. What I have seen works
really well at other projects is pulling users in as committers in a
scratch your own itch kind of way. For that to work you need to make it
clear what contributions you need, you need to make time to coach people
to become developers, you need to make your users accustomed to the way
you work as early as possible. It also helps to ask users for
contributions and offer mentoring help from your side along the way.

I know that this is tedious work that needs a lot of motivating people,
mentoring people, explaining to people, however it makes for a
sustainable community of people that do the work out of self interest.

http://blog.isabel-drost.de/posts/open-development-and-inner-source-for-fun-and-profit.html

Isabel