mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject social media promotion / menu
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:49:58 GMT
Hi dev,

I've been asked a variety of times how we can improve social media
awareness on the site. We kind of had a social section, but it was really
only evident on the contribute page. Sharing any page now results in a
decent preview image.

To help raise awareness of our different media channels, I created a
"social" navbar. I have to say that pixel pushing is my least favorite
thing to do and while the site can use a redesign, I'd like to cover
functionality/requirements, then ask for design help if you all absolutely
hate it. Or if you like it, then great. Though, I think with design help it
would be even better! Let me know what you all think.

Should it be on every page? Adjust the button color? Make them smaller?
Don't use them, just use a text menu. Check it on your mobile to see how it
is implemented there in text only.

You can preview it here:
http://34.201.8.176/versions/social_media_update/
and I fixed up the social media section here too:
http://34.201.8.176/versions/social_media_update/community/contribute.html#social-media

PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/12102

Cheers,
Aaron